In addition to library cards, Beauregard Parish Library patrons in good standing can get electronic services user names and passwords. Many of our patrons use them already, but they might not be getting the full benefits the accounts have to offer. Here are five distinct ways you can use those user names and passwords:
- Library computers: Easily the most common use of a patron electronic services account is to login to a networked library computer. The accounts on the library computers allow storage space for files and browser bookmarks for favorite websites. The computers include both productivity and leisure software.
- Wi-fi network: Patrons with their own computers may prefer to use the fast wifi network. Click or tap the wifi icon on the library homepage, and login with your electronic services user name and password. You then have access to the Internet.
- Free email address: Patrons may not need a free email address, but one is created automatically with a new electronic services account. Patrons can login and check their Beau.Org email from the library homepage or from this direct link.
- Account access through online catalog: Manage your library account. See what's checked out to your card. Renew and request items. All inside the Online Catalog.
- Freegal Music: Perhaps the most fun use of the electronic services password (along with the card number) is Freegal music. Here, all account holders in good standing get 5 (five) free mp3 downloads every week. The downloads are yours to keep, and there is a mobile app for those who prefer to use it on the go.
Beauregard Parish Library always strives to bring its patrons the best value in its resources. We hope you enjoy the many different ways you can use your electronic services user name and password. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask a friendly staff member.
Posted Wednesday January 10, 2018 12:00pm