The DeRidder Branch of the Beauregard Parish Library is now open Monday through Wednesday and Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM, Thursday between 9:00 AM and 7:30 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Details of our Phase 3 operations can be seen here. We are working on hurricane clean-up and remediation to return service to our rural locations as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Libraries Southwest exists to promote and enhance libraries and library
services in Southwest Louisiana.
- Reciprocal borrower's agreement allowing LSW card holders to use the
services of any participating public library.
- Regional special collection development encouraging each member library
to develop one or more special interest collections. This allows
residents of the region to have access to a larger collection of
material than any one library system can afford to purchase.
Currently, the list of special collections include:
- Allen Parish Library - Tourism
- Beauregard Parish Library - Resources For Grant Writing
- Calcasieu Parish Library - Genealogy
- Frazier Memorial Library - Archival collection of historical
documents reflecting the history, growth, and development of
McNeese, Lake Charles and Southwest Louisiana.
- Vernon Parish Library - Federal and State Documents.
Strong Legal Collection.
- Continuing Education Workshops for Staff Development
- Trustee Workshops
- Annual Author's Dinner
- A mailing list for LSW related topics and discussion. To subscribe visit
this page for
Members of Libraries Southwest
* - Member, LSW Overdrive Consortium
Information on the Lynda Carlberg Award
Lynda Carlberg Award Information
Libraries Southwest Newsletter Archives
LSW Training Documents