The Singer branch is closed pending a few repairs. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. All materials except laptops and hotspots can still be returned to the Singer branch book drop while we are closed. If you need assistance, please call 337-463-6217 or 800-524-6239 from anywhere inside the parish.
Summer Reading Program launches June 1, 2019
Sunday School: Personal Care
There are many ways to take care of yourself and many classes on the topic available for free through Universal Class. With this edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will give you just a few classes on personal care that might interest you as we work our way through teh summer. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- The Art of Breathing 101
- "We are all born masters in The Art of Breathing. For a variety of reasons, during the course of our lives, we start unlearning the good habits, and begin to increasingly soak up a number of bad habits, which are physical, mental and emotional. The Art of Breathing will teach you how to regain control over your breathing, which in turn will give you ownership of your body, thoughts and feelings. This will not only affect your own personal life, but will trigger positive changes in those around you."
- Confidence Building 101
- "This course on building self-confidence reaches beyond the standard self-help program by addressing the core issues surrounding confidence problems and exploring how to reprogram our brain‘s negative self-talk. This course delves into crafting succinct, personalized affirmations as well as visualization techniques for reframing the self-concept. Confidence busters, such as procrastination and cognitive dissonance are discussed at length, as well as the healing associated with forgiveness and service to others."
- How to Manicure
- "The practice of manicuring is a worldwide fashion statement. If you're putting a chunk of your paycheck into beauty products, manicures and pedicures, you may want to save precious dollars by learning to do your own mani-pedi. How to Manicure gives comprehensive information about keeping natural nails healthy and beautiful, and all the essentials about the chemistry, application and care of artificial nails."
- Personality Development 101
- "In this Personality Development course you will learn in-depth information about personalities. You will gain a better understanding about those around you and also more about who you are and how you got to be that way. With this course you can literally stop wondering about why you or someone you know behaves in a particular way. By the time you complete this course you will know how someone's personality develops and how that information can be useful."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday July 19, 2015 12:00pm