During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Sunday School: Accounting
For many organizations, July 1st starts a new fiscal year. With that in mind we use this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you with business accounting topics. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Budgeting and Saving for Small Business
- "This course will show you everything you need to know about business budgeting and cost cutting. You will be introduced to the different aspects of business financial tools and will have an essential primer to current business trends in cost cutting and increasing profits. At the conclusion of this course, you will understand important budgeting concepts, time tested strategies, and be able to see and easily implement savings for your company."
- Managerial Accounting
- "Managerial accounting is a form of accounting that deals not only with financial information, but information that is not always easy to quantify into numbers and reports. Things like employee performance, efficiency, product rates and customer satisfaction stats are all things that managerial accountants deal with. They take that information and put it into reports that are easy for managers to understand. By doing this, managerial accountants help managers make the important decisions to turn the company in a new direction, or help it continue on as a profitable and respected organization."
- Payroll Management 101
- "While managing the payroll may seem easy enough, it is actually a complicated process involving finance and record keeping. Payroll Management 101 provides you with the information and guidance to become a key member of the payroll management team. The curriculum is designed to give an overview of all the core skills you will be required to attain in an easy to read manner. Most importantly, Payroll Management 101 provides you with the tools to quickly start using your new vocational skills in an operational environment."
- QuickBooks 2015
- "QuickBooks 2015 is an accounting software program created by Intuit for small businesses and self-employed professionals. It can be used for almost all financial business processes. This course was created for anyone who wants to learn QuickBooks. Whether you signed up simply to learn QuickBooks 2015 or are a complete newbie to the software does not matter. We will teach you the software from beginning to end so that anyone, regardless of experience, learns all that they need to know to successfully use the program."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday June 28, 2015 12:00pm