The Beauregard Parish Library Board of Control will meet in a regularly
called session at 4:45 PM on Monday Aug 3, 2020. This meeting will take
place virtually via the Cisco WebEx platform, as allowed by the Governor’s
executive order JBE 2020-30, in consideration of the social distancing
guidelines in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pursuant to the “Sunshine Laws” (La R.S. 42:14), meetings of this board
are open to the public unless “Executive Session” is noted.
To attend this virtual meeting, visit here:
-Meeting number: 126 334 2720
-Password: c2qGRg9jMC4 (22747495 from phones and video systems)
-Join by video system: Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
-You can also dial: 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
-Join by phone: +1-415-655-0001 US Toll
-Access code: 126 334 2720
If you wish to participate with a public comment, please review our Public
Participation policy here and then email email@example.com or call 337-463-6217 x 11 with your name,
contact information, and topic of comment(s) no later than 4:45 PM on
Friday, July 31, 2020 to be added to the agenda. The full agenda can be
During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Click here to check out our Summer Reading Program 2020 website
Sunday School: Legal Studies
Law and Legal Studies
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you meet some of your legal information needs. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Legal Terminology 101
- "Legal questions come up regularly in our daily lives and the language of law is everywhere. Legal Terminology 101 is a comprehensive guide to the language of the legal system. If you're planning on purchasing a house, involved in a landlord-tenant dispute, making a will, buying a car, getting health insurance, applying for a credit card or hiring a lawyer then understanding the terminology of the contracts, forms and systems is vital for a successful outcome."
- Legal Secretary 101
- "This course is designed both for those who are already in the field and want to hone their skills in order to demand a higher income and for those who wish to enter the field but are not sure where to start or what aspects of secretarial work are important to be hired by a good firm. There are numerous areas of law that those in the profession may focus on whether it be litigation, divorce, real estate or criminal law. This course will cover each prevalent area so that you might get a better idea of which is best for you to pursue. It will also tell you about what skills are vital for winning that prized position you are after, or making yourself more valuable to the attorney or firm you are currently working for."
- Contract Law 101
- "Every time you trade an item, attend a sporting event or buy a soda, you enter the world of contracting. When an exchange is made willingly a contract exists. But do you know how US law interprets and enforces contracts? We've designed an introductory course to help you understand the components, processes, and legal impacts of contracts."
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- "This course will discuss all the necessary information you need to know about employees and independent consultants, what benefits you are responsible for, taxes, discrimination issues, unionization, and workplace safety. You will learn the ins and outs of how to advertise a job position, and how to effectively interview so that your hiring process goes smoothly. Learn good evaluation techniques and how to resolve problems before they become really big issues. However, not everyone is in the right place, and you may have to terminate someone from your employment, and this class will help you to do it the right way."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday April 26, 2015 12:00pm