During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Sunday School: Real Estate
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you with real estate topics from renting, selling and decorating for maximum impact. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- How to Prepare, Stage and Sell Your Home
- "Trying to sell a house, apartment or condo in today's fast paced market, quickly and profitably, has the potential for turning anyone's world upside down. As a seller, you will want to get the most value out of your home in the shortest time possible. This course will help the seller create an individualized house preparation timeline, outline simple steps to eliminate potential problems, give ideas about decluttering, cleaning, repairing, and show you how to stage your home for a successful Open House. This course can help you maximize your profit and reduce your stress!"
- Landlord 101: Managing Rental Properties
- "Have you ever wanted to be a landlord? This multi-faceted career can be challenging and rewarding both personally and financially. Our course provides a broad yet detailed examination of the many areas that a property manager must blend together to be successful."
- Timeshare Basics
- "There has been a sharp increase in vacation destinations over the past 50 years. With that increase, the concept of timeshares has blossomed. Owning a timeshare allows travelers to occupy accommodations for a period of time each year. This long-term strategy has become a travel industry standard and has provided vacationers with an option to hotel stays. This 11-lesson course takes you from the history of the vacation timeshare industry through the process of buying and selling a timeshare."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday April 19, 2015 12:00pm