During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Click here to check out our Summer Reading Program 2020 website
Sunday School: Photography
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you learn excellent photography skills with classes that are available through Universal Class for free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Photography 101: Beginner to Intermediate
- "It doesn't matter what kind of camera you own, you don't own it for the sake of owning a camera--you own a camera so you can get nice pictures. This course will help you discover how to use the camera you have--no matter how fancy or simple it is--so that you can take great pictures."
- Digital Photography 101
- "Owning a great digital camera is no guarantee you will take great pictures. Over the years digital SLRs, and other digital cameras, have become affordable, more powerful and much more complicated. This Digital Photography course is designed to give you a comprehensive overview of digital camera designs and capabilities, and the series of steps to take great photographs. "
- Adobe Photoshop 101
- "This course will teach you everything you need to know to make full use of the world's most popular graphics editing program -- Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop is a complex graphics and image editing software and paint program. It has become a mainstay with graphics designers, professional photographers, and even hobbyists to edit graphics as well as create and manipulate images.
If you've used Photoshop before, then this course may amaze you with all the improvements that have been made to the program. If you're new to Photoshop, don't be nervous or worry that it will be overwhelming. We'll start at the beginning and teach you everything you need to know in simple, everyday language so you understand and learn."
- Photoshop Elements 101
- "Adobe Photoshop Elements is the consumer-based version of the popular Photoshop program that allows you to store, sort, and edit images and photographs. Photography enthusiasts will love Elements ability to organize images and create albums. Photoshop lovers will love the wide range of features that allow you to edit and manipulate images just as you would in Photoshop.
In this course, you'll learn your way around the latest version of Photoshop Elements to make navigating it a breeze. You'll also learn all the features and how to utilize the options so that editing, organizing, and sharing your photos is quick and fun."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday April 5, 2015 12:00pm