Click here to read details of our current COVID-19 Phase Operation.
Sunday School: Homeschooling
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will highlight a few of the classes that are available related to Homeschooling. While there are many academic and subject related classes in Universal Class, there is a specific section with more than 40 courses that will help homeschooling families improve their chances for academic success.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- How to Teach Reading
- "Reading may be achieved through a variety of methods and techniques that best suit individual learners and students of all ages and levels. This reading basics course is designed to help students increase their reading speed as well as their ability to comprehend content, directions, and absorb materials for retention. - Understanding the difficulties that may face many students, as focused on helping students gain the most from their reading experiences, this reading basics course is designed to encourage students to excel in their reading adventures and endeavors."
- Unit Studies 101
- "This is a two-part class, the purpose of which is to provide you with the tools necessary to develop your own unit studies course for either homeschool or classroom purposes. - During this course, you will learn the purpose of a unit study, how to pick a suitable topic, how to find resources to support it, how to apply your chosen topic across subject areas, and how to research and plan a unit study. These are strategies you can use to build a unit study using any topic you like."
- Math All-in-One: Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry Review
- "This self-paced All-In-One Math Course reviews the basics of arithmetic, algebra and geometry. This compact course is an ideal "crash course" for anyone needing review or instruction in these math areas or anyone who wants to improve results on high school or college exams. If you want a jump start before starting college or just interested in learning how to solve math problems, this is the course for you."
- Typing and Keyboarding 101
- "Today, knowing how to type fast is almost a necessity in the business world. More and more corporate-world employees are being asked to create reports, sales letters, business plans, blogs, web content, forecasts and more. Knowing how to type can save you hours of valuable work time, increasing your productivity.
This course, Typing and Keyboarding for Business Professionals, is entirely self-teaching. Each lesson is short, simple and easy to master, with easy-to-understand text and custom-designed typing drills."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday February 1, 2015 12:00pm