The Beauregard Parish Library Board of Control will meet in a regularly
called session at 4:45 PM on Monday Aug 3, 2020. This meeting will take
place virtually via the Cisco WebEx platform, as allowed by the Governor’s
executive order JBE 2020-30, in consideration of the social distancing
guidelines in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pursuant to the “Sunshine Laws” (La R.S. 42:14), meetings of this board
are open to the public unless “Executive Session” is noted.
To attend this virtual meeting, visit here:
-Meeting number: 126 334 2720
-Password: c2qGRg9jMC4 (22747495 from phones and video systems)
-Join by video system: Dial email@example.com
-You can also dial: 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
-Join by phone: +1-415-655-0001 US Toll
-Access code: 126 334 2720
If you wish to participate with a public comment, please review our Public
Participation policy here and then email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 337-463-6217 x 11 with your name,
contact information, and topic of comment(s) no later than 4:45 PM on
Friday, July 31, 2020 to be added to the agenda. The full agenda can be
During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Click here to check out our Summer Reading Program 2020 website
Sunday School: Career Development
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we'd like to bring your attention to courses that will help you get the job you want this year. These are essential skills for anyone looking to find a new job or advance in the jobs they already have. Universal Class has a section devoted to Career Training topics with a subsection on Career Development.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Resume Writing 101
- "One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. -- This course teaches you not just what a resume should look like, but what it should say. It walks you step-by-step through the creation of the most common sections found on resumes in today's job market. In addition to helping you determine what information should be included, it also goes a step further to help you realize what pitfalls to avoid when creating this powerful, job-searching tool."
- Interview Skills 101
- "Preparing for your job interview could very well be one of the most important moments of your career. Landing the perfect job can be a challenge, but with the determination and passion you will need to begin a successful career, you can easily overcome this challenge, and bring a lot of valuable experience with you to the next interview if you don't get the job.
Just a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course will go over the issues and provide an in-depth analysis of the interviewing process. With some independent practice, this course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!"
- Managing Your Career
- "This course will teach you the processes and strategies involved with successful career management. Whether you're contemplating starting a career, trying to choose a career path, or are looking to make changes or improvements to your career, this course will provide you with the information you need on your way to achieving success."
- Kinesics 101: Learn to Read Body Language
- "Having the ability to read body language can go a long way in helping you throughout your life. You can learn to understand the cues, or signs, that people show when they tell a lie, or when they are unsure of themselves. Knowing what to look for and how to use this information can be helpful in your personal life, as well as in your career. Being able to read body language can help you ace a job interview. It can make a date go smoother and it can help you excel at reaching your goals."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.
Posted Sunday January 25, 2015 12:00pm