The Beauregard Parish Library Board of Control will meet in a regularly
called session at 4:45 PM on Monday Aug 3, 2020. This meeting will take
place virtually via the Cisco WebEx platform, as allowed by the Governor’s
executive order JBE 2020-30, in consideration of the social distancing
guidelines in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pursuant to the “Sunshine Laws” (La R.S. 42:14), meetings of this board
are open to the public unless “Executive Session” is noted.
To attend this virtual meeting, visit here:
During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Need a new washing machine, but don’t know which model to choose? Or maybe you are looking for a gadget for a Christmas gift and don’t know where to start. Don’t worry, the library has the 2014 Consumer Report Buying Guide available online. Give yourself some peace of mind before making a decision and take a look at the Buying Guide, you may find some great information regarding pricing, warranties, and quality!
How to find the 2014 Consumer Reports Buying Guide:
1. From this homepage select the Louisiana Library Databases tab on the lefthand side
2. On the next page look under the Statewide Database header and select Ebscohost
3. Select MasterFILE Premier which will be the third item down on the list of databases
4. In the search box at the top of the page enter “2014 consumer reports buying guide”
5. Two results will appear, you can choose either option and when it opens select “PDF Full Text” to access the whole report.
6. When the document opens you can use the links on the lefthand side to scroll through the sections you are interested in. For example: Ovens, washers, printers, etc.