During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Driver License Guide FYI
A library is more than just books and DVDs or really fun programs. We connect patrons to the information they need that will make their lives easier. Recently our patrons have been asking about the Louisiana Driver License guides, so here are a few things to know about that.
- The website for the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles is located at http://www.expresslane.org/, and the various documents (Forms, Study Guides, Affidavits, etc) are located under Forms/Study Guides.
- The library has printed copies of the Class D & E Driver's Guide (R0613) in both our circulating and reference collections. The circulating one can be checked out and taken home, but the reference copy is for in-house library use only.
- To view the guides online, patrons can use the computers in our lab or check out laptops and use our WiFi. Please note that patrons must have a card in good standing and an Electronic Services username and password to use Library lab computers or connect to our WiFi network. There are additional requirements for checking out laptops.
- Copies of the study guide can be printed with our color copy machine. Given the number of pages in the study guide, this is one of the more expensive options.
- Copies of the study guide can be transferred to portable media to view on a computer. If needed, the library does sell blank CDs and flash drives. The study guide can be burned to a CD on the library computers.
If you have further questions on this topic, please refer to the friendly staff. You can also click the Community page for links to useful Parish, State and Federal websites.
Posted Wednesday August 20, 2014 12:00pm