In the Digital Library series we will explore the different
electronic resources the library provides Beauregard Parish patrons. To
use these, you will need a computer or mobile device with internet
connection and your library card. For certain services, you will also
need to use your electronic services password.
Tumble & Audio Book Cloud
Tumble Book Cloud and Audio Book Cloud are “an online collection of ebooks and read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, graphic novels, educational videos, and audio books!” The content has stuff for everyone, from small children to experienced adults, and you can do it all in your web browser with no special software.
The four parts of the Tumble/Audio Book Cloud family are:
- TumbleBookLibrary: TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books in order to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you. The TumbleBookLibrary provides enrichment to students who are reading independently with a variety of high interest material. It also provides support to students who require skill building with a variety of exercises that can be matched with other areas of the curriculum.
- Tumble Book Cloud, Jr: Designed for children in grades 3-6, this is “a great option for adventurous young readers who wish to read beyond the picture book collection in the TumbleBookLibrary.”
Please note that the link to this product is only on the Louisiana Library Databases page.
- Tumble Book Cloud: TumbleBooks' one-of-a-kind Read-Along format combines the flexibility of an ebook with full-length professional narration highlighted text so kids can follow along with titles such as The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Hamlet, and The Great Gatsby. Plus, the enhanced novels include chapter/plot summaries, character sketches, and quizzes. Readers can even highlight portions of a book and add notes!
- Audio Book Cloud: This, as the name suggests, has audio content only and is aimed at the adult audience. It allows you to listen to your favorite audio books with just a click of a button. These books are always available, never on hold, and no need to download.
- The Tumble portion was made with academic achievement in mind. Included with most books are AR levels and Common Core information.
- Some foreign language books are included, including a section of Spanish books in Audio Book Cloud.
- All variations of the Book Clouds offer “My Cloud” so you can sign up to keep track of your books and audios from anywhere on the Internet.
This product is for online use only. At present Beauregard Parish Library does not have an offline version, so data/internet charges will apply when using these products.
To access this great content, click either the Tumble Books & Audio Book Cloud button or the Louisiana Library Databases button in the Digital Library menu at left . Decide which of the four you want to use, and click through to have some fun!