Digital Library: Overdrive
In the Digital Library series we will explore the different electronic resources the library provides Beauregard Parish patrons. To use these, you will need a computer or mobile device with internet connection and your library card. For certain services, you will also need to use your electronic services password.
What it is:
OverDrive is a digital library shared with several other public libraries in southwest Louisiana to bring you a wide variety of content. It contains ebooks, audiobooks, music and video that patrons can check out for free.
To access it, click on the OverDrive (ebooks) button at left, or direct your browser to lsw.lib.overdrive.com.
What you need to use it:
- Library card in good standing (current, no fees, etc)
- Computer or mobile device (including smart phones, e-readers and music players)
- OverDrive software (free)
Generally, users need to install OverDrive Media Console and Adobe Digital Editions to use OverDrive. There are some exceptions depending on the specific devices a patron has. For more information on software, click here. Once the software is installed, using OverDrive is fairly easy.
How to use it:
- Select home parish and type your library card number in order to log in.
- Each card has a limit of 10 (ten) simultaneous digital checkouts at one time. OverDrive checkouts do not affect the number of items checked out from the physical library.
- You don't have to worry about returning your items, and there are never any overdues.
- As with other library services, you can make requests and holds for items you want to check out.
Still need help?
OverDrive has extensive help files with images and videos to make it easier to use. If you need it, click OverDrive Help.
If you prefer help in person, call or stop by the library. We also have the LIDS (Library Information and Digital Solutions) desk in DeRidder open on Tuesdays and Saturdays for hands-on assistance with your mobile computing needs.