The Beauregard Parish Library Board of Control will meet in a regularly
called session at 4:45 PM on Monday Aug 3, 2020. This meeting will take
place virtually via the Cisco WebEx platform, as allowed by the Governor’s
executive order JBE 2020-30, in consideration of the social distancing
guidelines in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pursuant to the “Sunshine Laws” (La R.S. 42:14), meetings of this board
are open to the public unless “Executive Session” is noted.
To attend this virtual meeting, visit here:
-Meeting number: 126 334 2720
-Password: c2qGRg9jMC4 (22747495 from phones and video systems)
-Join by video system: Dial email@example.com
-You can also dial: 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
-Join by phone: +1-415-655-0001 US Toll
-Access code: 126 334 2720
If you wish to participate with a public comment, please review our Public
Participation policy here and then email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 337-463-6217 x 11 with your name,
contact information, and topic of comment(s) no later than 4:45 PM on
Friday, July 31, 2020 to be added to the agenda. The full agenda can be
During Phase 2, the Beauregard Parish Library is open with limited hours and limited services. Additional details can be seen here. Within those limitations, further closures may become necessary on short notice due to staff shortages. We will update our social media accounts in those instances. Patrons are also welcome to call 337-463-6217 x 0 during the DeRidder branch's open hours for the most recent updates on branch openings. Computer use is limited and by appointment only. Patrons can schedule appointments online here or by calling 337-463-6217 or in-person by asking a library clerk. Appointments are set at 45-minute intervals. No consecutive appointments for 1 person.
Click here to book a computer appointment
Click here to check out our Summer Reading Program 2020 website
Create Your Own Constellation
- To create your own constellation, you will need one piece of dark-colored card stock, a flashlight, a pencil, a rubber band, scissors, and a paperclip.
- Begin by folding your card stock in half and cutting it into a semi-circle which will be a full circle when unfolded.
- Next, place the front of the flashlight (the part where the light shines out) in the center of the card stock circle. Trace the edges. This will be the area where you will draw your constellation.
- Now, draw a design inside the circle. You want something with a recognizable outline.
- Place small dots on all corners/ angles within your design and one every 1/4 inch on straight lines.
- Straighten the paperclip and use it to poke holes through the dots. Be sure to poke completely through.
- Make five or six cuts in the card stock that begin at the edge of the large circle and end at the edge of the small circle.
- Bend the cardstock over the edge of the flashlight aligning your constellation with the front of the flashlight so that when it is turned on, the light will flow through the holes you created.
- Use the rubberband to secure it.
- Turn off the lights. Turn on your flashlight and point it at a wall or the ceiling. Observe your constellation.
Below is the image of a famous constellation fleshed out. Can you guess which one?
Posted Thursday August 29, 2013 08:30am